Monday, October 12, 2009

Off season training begins - P90X again?!

So, I never finished an actual first round of P90X, but this summer has been busy with lots of other things - Bike races, Triathlons, Marathon, classes at the club, and wrestling "Kung Fu Panda" style with my 3 year old. Both Jessica and I are still unemployed, but praise God! We have had our needs met at every turn and sometimes I almost feel bad that I'm enjoying being out of work so much :)

Tomorrow we are starting P90X again with the infamous Chest and Back along with ARX - our diets have improved a ton since the last time around - very clean! I have dropped down to 172 pounds and am currently at 8.5% bodyfat based on what the trainer at the club measured. I am planning to do P90 for my upper body, but will be doing interval/circuit training exercises at the club for my legs - alot of squats and lunges along with sprints on the treadmill. For base cardio I will be doing 1 day a week of a brick workout either combining swim/bike or bike/run.

I've enjoyed following along with those of you that have been sticking with it, and am excited to get going on P90 again - this time with the fortitude to complete a full round. Goals for me are going to be mainly increased power output overall - and the vanity goal is to see more definition overall. I'm really hoping that my offseason training will help me with my goals next summer of qualifying for Boston Marathon (ran a 3:31 this October, need to run 3:15) as well as getting a top 15 finish in one of next seasons triathlons (best finish was 43rd/221)

I'll do my best to keep posting and please do give me any encouragement along the way - it is greatly appreciated!!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! You posted! Wow--you really have been keeping busy and active! Your body fat is impressive! I'd be nervous to get mine measured. (I have NEVER done that!) Congratulations on starting P90X again! It sounds like you have a great game plan--which is so important to having success with it. Do you have the chin up bar? I'm betting you do...but if not, you should definitely consider getting it. Nothing sculps the back like a good set of chin ups! I hope you'll keep inspired to blog more often this time! I love keeping up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen - you have definitely kept us both interested in returning to P90X. Long range plan is to do 1 round P90X and then maybe get INSANITY - but first things first, that will be 90 days from now!

    ReplyDelete