Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 23: Core Synergistics

This was alot of fun, certainly some challenging moves that will take some work at perfecting. Just for fun next time I'm going to use weights on the plank/reach high/low thing :)

Did the workout after cooling down from an earlier evening spin class. I spent some time today laying out my marathon training schedule and it looks like we will be finishing up the "X" a week before I start my training - so this will be good timing. I plan to do some of the "X" workouts to keep working on the abs and upper body, but will likely ditch yoga, cardio, kenpo, plyo and leg work. Core strength is certainly a key for running since over a 26 mile race you need the core strength literally just to keep everything from falling apart.

This is our first recovery week and I am praying for a great week, a few pounds of weight loss would be nice, along with a refreshed body and mind to start the next 30 days.

Kind of a funny thing, I was looking at my arms in the mirror and had to do a double take, because I saw that I actually have a tricep muscle! It's like it just showed up out of nowhere! Very cool - now if those abs would make the same dramatic appearance!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Marathon training next??? That's GREAT that you have an after P90X plan already! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't have a plan to do something, or be in training for something I just end up making excuses to be lazy. So I've set aside goals of doing a full Ironman, running a 100 mile ultramarathon, and climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro as my "Big Three" athletic goals to accomplish. I can always add to that list, but those are the 3 that I've dreamed about one day accomplishing. I plan to do the Ironman in 2010, and have already signed up for a half Ironman this fall - so I will be training for that in conjunction with the marathon training.

    Kilimanjaro will likely be the easiest physical challenge but greatest financial challenge because of the cost getting there, but I believe God will help to make a way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff on the Tricep!!! Recovery week is...well...I have a hard time calling it "recovery"...I just refer to it as Core Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed with your goals. Wonder why I haven't thought of looking for physically challenging goals for myself beyond P90X...hmmm...
    You certainly have a commendable amount of drive and determination! Keep up the great work!
    And I know what you mean about that tricep muscle. Even though I'm a girl and my muscles don't "bulge" NEARLY as much as my hubby's...I do love to watch myself in a mirror when I do the chair dips because I can see that little diamond!! And on the abs...ya...where is my 6 pack already? It's like...hellooooooo?? Are you in there?????? :o)

    ReplyDelete