Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 4: Yoga-X

Made it through about half of the yoga tonight, it felt good, but with the last 4 nights of working out all taking place at 10:30 or later at night, we decided to call it short and try to get to bed before the next day for a change.

Jess plans to go to a cardio dance class at the club in the afternoon, and then in the evening we have Legs & Back. I'm going to set my alarm to get up a bit early and see if I can get on my bike for a quick spin.

We both ate well today, but only did around 1900 calories - I keep wondering what specifically to add to the diet to make significant improvements in overall success - for me building muscle mass in the upper body while carving away 10 pounds is the goal, and for Jess the goal is weight loss and overall toning.

I might need to post my nutrition spreadsheet online for people to give me feedback on it. I'll save that for the weekend when I have a bit more time.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your both making the leap into the Beachbody lifestyle with P90X...you may come to find you're sore, tired, lacking energy, etc in the early days.

    Your body is not used to EXTREME training! Which is why supplements like the P90X recovery drink and Whey Protein are so important.

    You need the recovery drink for the right kind of carbs and easily absorbed carbs your body needs after an intense workout.

    Why protein is great for your body to get more quality protein it needs to repair, recover, rest & grow! Get an extra serving or two of why protein a day will help you both reach your goals.

    Continued success to BRING IT! ;-)

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice Tim, we are both starting to do a protein shake as a morning snack, and then after our evening workout as well....we're excited to make a lifestyle change and will be likely experimenting over time with different brands/flavors...any favorites?

    ReplyDelete