Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 6: Kenpo

Being that Saturday was Valentines Day and we had Jessicas folks in from up north, we moved our Saturday workout to Sunday afternoon.

I went to spin class Saturday morning and had a good workout and felt great afterwords.

Jess and I both did the Kenpo workout and kept up pretty well. I think we have hit our stride and this second week should go much better in terms of the soreness levels that we feel post workout.

On the nutrition side of things we did very well by "our" standards, but the more we looked at what we ate we realized that some changes need to be made for week 2. We have setup a meal plan that is "by the book" so to speak using the portion method in the P90X guide.

Looking back at week 1 we were probably eating closer to Phase 3 - with the number of servings of carbs, even though we were doing well with portion control and eliminating sugars. So this will be a bit of a challenge for the next 3 weeks, but it will be worth it to get the body into fat shred mode.

I'm going to try to do 2 workouts per day atleast every other day - will likely keep the P90X workouts in the evening with added cardio like running or biking in the morning. We will see how that goes in Week 2.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Jen's and I hope you don't mind that I comment. My husband and I are also doing P90X together and we absolutely love it. We have stuck by the nutrition guide staying strict to the food and portions and I can tell you, it's made all the difference. We just did our day 45 workout a few hours ago and we're so happy to be half way through!!! It's been a life changing journey already and we know the best is yet to come. Good luck to the both of you! Be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christina for the comment - our Christian faith certainly helps us be more than overcomers, in life and especially in exercise!

    ReplyDelete